If you are planning to invest in cryptocurrencies you will need to register with an exchange in order to get started. There are can be two kinds of exchanges for buying or selling Bitcoins, namely, the fiat exchange allowing direct transfer or USD and the C2C or cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency exchange for intra-cryptocurrency trading.
Before you choose an exchange it is also important to consider some key factors like the security of the site, liquidity or exchange’s volume, customer service, fees, payment options that are available, and whether the exchange is good for beginners.
In the US/Europe, the best exchanges for trading Bitcoins for 2020 are as follows:
- Bitcoin Pro: This is one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the US and Europe. Its easy-to-use interface makes it perfect for beginners getting their feet wet. You can buy or sell the crypto coins directly from this exchange; it will charge 1.40% on bank buys and 3.99% on debit and credit card purchases. Bitcoin Pro also provides multiple payment options, and is expected to add other cryptocurrencies like Cardano, Stellar Lumens etc. Bitcoin Pro operates in Europe, Australia, and Singapore, besides the US. Read this Bitcoin Pro review for more information.
- Kraken: This has its head offices in San Francisco and is one of the leading names in cryptocurrency exchanges worldwide. It provides high-end security, higher reliability, and superior features such as stop-loss orders. It offers more than 15 cryptocurrency pairs like Monero, Ripple, Zcash, etc. Kraken is popular for its low fees, high liquidity, margin trading, and fast funding.
- Binance: This is a relatively new cryptocurrency exchange offering very high trading volumes. You can buy the Bitcoins here using credit cards. With headquarters in Hong Kong, the exchange runs many branches in nations like China and Japan. Binance recently came up with secure asset fund for its users of SAFU Hackathon in order to take 10% of trading incentives earned by the exchange. Binance also had entered German market. If you are looking for information about best bitcoin automated apps, you might get some suggestions about bitcoin era deutsch where German investors are into trade using autonomous apps.
- Coin Switch: This exchange supports greater than 300 cryptocurrencies, and nearly 45,000 pairings. It has partnerships with all leading cryptocurrency exchanges and you are free to choose feasible rates to trade without any difficulty. You do not have to go through a mandatory sign-up process here to get started. Their support services are available round-the-clock.
- Coinmama: For the newbie, this exchange is helpful because you get to buy the Bitcoins in the US using a credit card here. You can be sure of instant delivery; the exchange sells Bitcoin and other crypto coins like Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Qtum, Cardano, BCash etc. When you use a credit or debit card for buying, it will charge you 5.5% fees. You cannot however sell cryptocurrencies back to regular fiat currencies.
- Bitpanda: This exchange like the Coinbase of Europe and lets users sell Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Komodo, etc in exchange for pairs like the USD, Euros, Swiss Francs, and British Pounds. You can opt for various payment methods like wire transfer, credit and debit cards, Neteller and Skrill, and more. For credit and debit card buys it will charge you 2.99% as fees, but you do not have to pay transaction fees for transferring cryptocurrencies between the accounts in the same exchange.
- CEX.IO: This exchange has its headquarters in London and is known for high security, high liquidity, and cross-platform trade. It caters to more than two million accounts, and supports trading of multiple cryptocurrencies. Its fees are steep, inclusive of service charges and this means that if you buy from here, you actually pay more than if you were to buy from some other exchange.